1.4 Creating Positions/Roles
The importance of creating positions and roles are as follows:
- Allows assignments to be made by position therefore delegating responsibility and providing accountability and transparency
- Becomes critical for the notification and escalation of outstanding tasks
- Allows data to be displayed by role/position
- Ensure notign slips through the cracks as users switch in and out of positions/roles
- Can assist creating teams to undertake strategy and planning
Step 1: Click settings button
Step 2: Click “Positions”
Step 3: Then click “Create position”
Step 4: Enter the “Position Description”
Step 5: Enter a “Position Code”
Step 6: Enter the reporting line for the Position in the “Position Reporting To” field from the drop down menu.
Step 7: Click Create
A completed example for reference and the display on the status screen.